Thanks to all of you who attended the parent-teacher meetings last week – it’s always good to see so many supporting their child’s learning.
In the last year or so, one or two governors attend the evenings in order to gather the views of parents and carers. This can provide some useful, independent feedback on how well we’re doing and how we can keep getting better and better. Governors write up a report; here are some of the comments from the report from the evening of Thursday 14 February:
- All the parents felt that their children were very safe at school.
- Most parents were unable to tell me anything that they thought the school could improve upon.
- It seems as if the school is slowly becoming the school of choice in the area… A number of parents told me that they were recommending St James to other parents.
- Most parents liked the atmosphere in the small school and felt it was good that everybody knew everybody else.
- Parents continue to mention how much things had improved under the new leadership.
- Communications are good. Parents like getting the newsletters in both electronic and hard form.
- Parents of EYFS children felt especially ‘in the know’ about exactly what was being taught.