This week, the whole school has the same Creative homework:
I can show different ways to make things better.
This homework, which is due on Thursday 24 January, is an opportunity for children to reflect on our living & learning statement for this week: I can make things better.
Children should think about ways to make things better in a variety of different situations and contexts:
- in class
- in a friendship group
- at playtimes
- at home
- with siblings
- out and about (countryside, park)
- the wider environment (recycling)
You could consider…
- Why should we try and make things better?
- How do we do this?
- When should we apologise?
- What is the effect it has on others around us when we make things better?
- Older children might want to consider the benefits of restorative justice.
Don’t forget to be creative! Produce a report or diary; capture photos of making things better; create rules for better games at play times; make a poster about how to say sorry; or, think of your own creative response.
This homework will be celebrated in our weekly homework review.