This week, the whole school has the same Talk Time homework: I can pay and receive compliments to/from people outside of school.
This homework, which links to our recent living and learning statement, is an opportunity for children to discuss the benefits of paying compliments to people. Here are some questions that might shape your discussion:
- How does paying a compliment make you feel?
- How does receiving a compliment make you feel?
- Why is it important to be sensible when paying or receiving compliments?
- Can you compliment people too much?
- Is it ok to compliment a stranger? Is this safe?
Children should be ready to discuss what they’ve talked about at home by Thursday 26 March 2020. It would be even better if children were able to talk confidently about times when they have given, or received, a compliment.