Day 1: Phonics – reading focus
Parents: In response to the ongoing situation, PhonicsPlay is free to use during this period. To access their resources all you need to do is log on using the following details.
1. Say the ‘phase 3’ phonemes before the 2 minute timer ends!
Challenge: Can you do it before the 1 minute timer?
Parents: Click ‘PhonicsPlay’ > Resources > Flashcards Time Challenge > Start > Phase 2&3
2. Read the words below.
Parents: you could write them in your child’s home learning book if your child cannot read them on your device.
Parents: If these are too challenging perhaps try reading these words instead.
Play ‘phase 3’ Buried Treasure.
Parents: Click ‘PhonicsPlay’ > Resources > Buried Treasure > Start > Phase 2 or 3
Day 1: Literacy
Book of the week: The Smartest Giant in Town
1. Listen to the story of the week.
2. Draw who is in the story (characters), what happens in the story (events) and where the story is (setting).
Day 1: Maths – 1 more
1. Count to 20 using the song.
Oh no! The song seems to have forgotten the number 0! We talk lots about the number 0 being nothing but still being a number. Try to add the number 0 when singing the song.
2. Solve the number problems.
Parents: if needed, your child could use objects at home to help when counting.
• There are 5 rabbits hopping in the garden. 1 more hops into the garden. How many rabbits are there now?
• I have 6 sweets. My friend gives me 1 more. How many do I have now?
• There a 12 children on the bouncy castle. 1 more child jumped on. How many children are on the bouncy castle now?
Challenge: Can you do some more number problems?
If you have any questions we are here to help and will respond to emails in school hours.