Day 2: Phonics – writing focus
- Practise your letter formation in your home learning book. You can use the letter formation sheet given out at parents’ evening.
- Write the following words
Parents: Please read the words to your child. They can then write them their home learning book. Parents: If these are too challenging perhaps try writing (or sound talking) these words instead.
- Can you write a sentence including one of the above words?
Challenge: Can you use all the words and turn it into a silly story!
Day 2: Literacy
Book of the week: The smartest giant in town
1. Listen to the story of the week.
2. Draw a story map of the story.
Parents: Here is an example of a story map.
Day 2: Maths – 1 less
- Count backwards from 20 using the song.
Oh no! The song seems to have forgotten the number 0! We talk lots about the number 0 being nothing but still being a number. Try to add the number 0 when singing the song.
2. Solve the number problems.
• I have 5 fish fingers and I eat one. How many do I have left?
• There are 10 children in the park. One child goes home. How many children are left in the park?
• There are 14 chickens in the pen. 1 chicken escapes! How many chickens are left?
• I have 19 Easter eggs. I decide to give one to a friend. How many Easter eggs do I have left?
Parents: Your child could use objects at home to help when counting.
Challenge: Can you do some more number problems?
Extra Learning – Teddy Diary
Don’t forget to keep adding to your teddy diary!
We look forward to seeing what you and your teddy have been up to.
If you have any questions we are here to help and will respond to emails in school hours.