Please see today’s phonics video (posted at 10.00 am)
Book of the week: The tiger who came to tea
- Listen to the story of the week.
- Draw who is in the story (characters), what happens in the story (events) and where the story is (setting).
- Sing the number bonds song below.
(in the tune to twinkle, twinkle little star)
5 and 4 add up to 10
6 and 4 make 10 again
7 and 3 will also do
Look carefully, so will 8 and 2
9 and 1
0 and 10 completes the way of making 10.
- Solve the number problems below.
Parents: if needed, your child could use objects at home to help when counting.
- Georgina has 6 grapes. Ben has 4 grapes. How many grapes do they have altogether?
- Jake has 3 blueberries. Sue has 7 blueberries. How many grapes do they have altogether?
- Kevin has 5 raisins. Joe has the same amount. How many do they have altogether?
- Jennifer has 8 strawberries. George has 2 strawberries. How many do they have altogether?
Challenge: Practise your number bonds to 10 and you won’t need objects to find the answers.