- Sing the ‘jolly phonics songs
Please note: a couple of the representations for the sounds are different in this video. In phase 3 we use:
ow instead of ou
igh instead of ie
We do not meet ue until phase 5.
- Read the words below.
Parents: you could write them in your child’s home learning book if your child cannot read them on your device.
3. Answer the yes/no questions.
Book of the week: The tiger who came to tea
- An alternative story. Can you think change the story to make it your own? For example, it might not be a tiger who came to tea! It may be a different animal.
- Draw a story map for your alternative story and retell it to somebody at home.
Challenge: Write your story using narrative language e.g. One day, then, after that, suddenly, finally.
- Listen to the halving story.
- Solve 3 number problems from the card below.
Parents: if needed, your child could use objects at home to help when counting.
Challenge: Can you solve all of the number problems?