- Practise your letter formation- you can use the laminated sheet handed out at parent’s evening.
- Quickwrite! Write the following digraphs.
Time to talk!
How to play:
- Dance to the music:
2. When the music stops find a partner.
3. Talk to your partner about some news you’d like to share.
Remember: to be a good talking partner your eyes should be looking and your ears should be listening AND hearing.
4. Now it’s time to write! Practise saying your news in a sentence. Count the words in your sentence. Now write your news in a sentence. Don’t forget to check your writing! You can draw a picture too.
Challenge: Can you write your news using a narrative e.g. First, then, after that, finally.
- Sing the number bonds song below.
(in the tune to twinkle, twinkle little star)
5 and 4 add up to 10
6 and 4 make 10 again
7 and 3 will also do
Look carefully, so will 8 and 2
9 and 1
0 and 10 completes the way of making 10.
- Solve 3 number problems from the card below.
Parents: if needed, your child could use objects at home to help when counting.
Challenge: Can you solve all of the number problems?