Download the phase 4 sheet and fill in the missing words!
(*Shh, Parents* There is an answer sheet on the second page for some of the more ambiguous answers!)
- Watch the Numberblock ‘unlucky’ 13 video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np24uSP7TP0
- Collect some objects (stones, sticks, leaves ect) from outside.
- Can you count how many objects you have collected?
Today we are going to have a go at estimating. Estimating is when we roughly count the number of objects we can see.
- Parents/carers can you put some of the objects out in front of your child (you may want to use a towel to cover them up until you are ready to reveal the objects). Give your child a few seconds to look at the objects and ask them to estimate how many they can see.
- Take turns and continue to do this a few times changing the amount of objects each time.
- Ask questions e.g. is it more or less than last time? How do you know?
Today, we are going to draw a picture and write a list of the resources you need to do your activity.
Remember to think, say, count, write and check your writing.