Tricky words lesson slides-
Today’s video lesson is led by one of our Sphere Federation teachers; Mrs Flynn. Click the link below to be taken to today’s video.
Your child will need a pencil and paper or whiteboard and pen for this lesson.
- Watch the Numberblock 20 video.
- Can you do 20 hops, claps, jumps? Remember to count each movement and stop at number 20.
- Write the numbers 0-20 on the floor using chalk, paint or write on paper (make sure they are big enough to stand on).
- Can you find the answers to these problems?
Find and stand on the number that is one less than 20
Find and stand on the number that is double 7
Find and stand on an odd number
Find and stand on a number that is fewer than 8
Find and stand on a number that is more than 10
Find and stand on an even number
Find and stand on the number that is half of 12
Challenge: Parents/carers give your child some more problems to solve or can your child think of their own number problem?
Book of the week: Monkey Puzzle by Julia Donaldson
- Listen to the story of the week.
- Who are the characters in the story? Who is in the story?
(Mum Monkey, Dad Monkey, Baby Monkey, Butterfly, Elephant, Snake, Parrot, Frog and Bat)
- Make puppets for some OR all of the characters. Here is an example of a puppet you could make. These puppets will be used for your puppet show on Friday.
You will need paper OR card, colouring pencils and sticks OR spoons.