Starting next week, we’ve a series of Zoom sessions to help you support your child’s learning at home.
Altogether, there are nine short Zoom sessions led by Sphere Federation leaders on a range of subject areas. Each session lasts for just 30 minutes and will provide a few top tips and guidance as to how to support your child at home. The invitation is open to all parents and carers across Sphere Federation, although we’ve indicated below if the session might be more appropriate for particular age ranges.
The sessions, all starting at 6pm, are as follows:
- Monday 13 September: Phonics (mainly for Key Stage 1)
- Monday 20 September: Reading (mainly for Key Stage 2)
- Monday 04 October: Number fact fluency (mainly for Key Stage 1)
- Monday 11 October: Number fact fluency (inc times tables) (mainly for Key Stage 2)
- Monday 08 November: Our curriculum topics (for Key Stage 1 and 2)
- Monday 15 November: Writing (for Key Stage 1 and 2)
- Monday 22 November: Staying safe online (mainly Key Stage 2)
- Thursday 13 January: Preparing for Y6 SATs (mainly for Y6 parents; parents are welcome too)
- Thursday 23 June: Moving from Reception to Year 1 (for Reception parents)
All the sessions start at 6pm. They last around 20-25 minutes, plus there will be a questions and answer session at the end of around 5-10 minutes.
If you’re interested in attending any of these Zoom workshops, please either send us a message on the School Gateway app or email the school office. We’ll then email the Zoom joining details out to all those who have expressed an interest.
If your child’s in Early Years, look out for a range of sessions specifically for you.