This week, the children have been learning about angles.
What is an angle?
Angles are a measure of turn or the space between two lines that meet each other.
Using two strips of paper, joined by a split pin, the children created their own angle detectors. The instructions below were carefully explored by the class.
- Starting with the strips on top of one another:
- Turn one strip a very small amount
- Turn it about half way round
- Turn it all of the way around
- Look at the clock on the wall and try to arrange your strips to match the hands on it
- Make some big angles.
- Make some small angles.
Then, we went outside to investigate different sized angles around school.
At home, make angle detectors with your child and find different sized angles around the home. Can your child tell you about a right angle?