This week, we’ve been learning about contractions. Contractions are when two words are combined a letter(s) is omitted – and replaced with an apostrophe. We use contractions in our writing and our speech to be less formal. Your child should practise spelling these contractions…
- do not/ don’t 6. he will/ he’ll
- will not/ won’t 7. she will /she’ll
- could not /couldn’t 8. they will /they’ll
- should not /shouldn’t 9. has not/ hasn’t
- I am/ I’m 10. is not/ isn’t
We’ll test ourselves on Friday 28 January 2022 to see how we’ve got on.
For some tips and tricks on how best to practise your spellings at home, visit the Y3,4 spelling page on our website and click here.