At St James’ CE Primary, we’re always keen to keep getting better. With this in mind, it’s helpful to invite people from outside our school and our federation to evaluate what we’re doing. A couple of weeks ago, we invited some advisors from the Diocese into school. Here’s a sample of comments following the visit.
- “Parents spoken to are unanimous in their view that the school provides a great education for their children… Speaking to parents of reception age children… they are extremely appreciative of the way their children have settled, made friends and are enthused by their learning.”
- “On multiple occasions parents said, ‘We don’t have a bad word to say about the school’.”
- “At the start of the day, pupils, including those accessing wrap-around care, settle quickly to well-established routines.”
- “Pupils behave consistently well, including at breaks. They say the school is supportive and that they get along together well.”
- “Staff want to work here. They feel valued and cared about…”
Thank you to the parents who spoke with the advisors and for your kind words!
Alongside comments such as there, the advisors made suggestions for what we might do even better. Miss Beatson and I are already working on these.