And we’re into the last half-term of the year – we hope you and your family had a good half-term break. This week’s message has just two parts: a reminder to complete the annual survey and some important news about classes and teachers next year.
Every year, we invite you to complete a short survey. Your views matter. They help to shape what we do in the forthcoming year(s).
(It’s worth bearing in mind that the survey isn’t the best place to raise individual, specific concerns – hopefully, you’re comfortable to speak with Miss Beatson or a class teacher about these instead.)
Staffing in 2022-23
It’s all change at St James’! In September, there will be quite a few staffing changes…
In July, we’ll be saying goodbye to Mrs Wood in Reception who’ll be going to teach at Moortown Primary School (one of the schools in Sphere Federation). Mrs Wood has been at St James’ for three years and has done a magnificent job in Early Years; I know the children and parents who’ve had Mrs Wood will agree.
Mrs Flynn in Year 1/2 is also moving on, this time to Scholes (Elmet) Primary (another Sphere Federation school). Mrs Flynn has been at St James’ this year and also taught in Reception at St James’ a few years ago. Mrs Flynn has been fantastic in Year 1/2 and the class have made great progress with her as the class teacher.
Mrs Boulton, our Nursery teacher, will be moving to Moortown Primary School. Mrs Boulton has worked hard to create a space where the Nursery children have thrived – she will be missed, too.
Mr Mills is also moving on. He currently teaches the Y5,6 class on Fridays, but is leaving to continue to expand his successful sports coaching business.
We’re excited and proud to welcome new teachers, too…
- Nursery: Miss Ward will be the new Nursery teacher; she currently teaches at Scholes.
- Reception: Mrs Payne will be the new Reception teacher. Some children and parents will already know Mrs Payne: she currently teaches in Year 3 on Thursday and Friday.
- Year 1: Mrs Rowley will returning from maternity leave and join Mrs Palmer in Year 1.
- Year 2: We welcome a new teacher, Miss Kay, in Year 2.
- Year 3: Miss Gledhill, currently teaching in Year 4, will be the class teacher.
- Year 4: Mrs Freeman will move up with her current Year 3 class into Year 4 and Mrs Valentine will be the other Year 4 class teacher.
- Year 5,6: After being the Y5/6 teacher for five years, Miss Beatson will be coming out of class. Mr Freeman (currently a teacher at Scholes and previously a football coach at St James’, too) will be the full-time Y5/6 teacher.
On Thursday 14 July, we’ll be having a transition afternoon where the children will meet their new teacher and visit their new classroom.
As always, if you’ve any questions, comments or concerns, please do speak with us. Have a good weekend.