Focus: Talk Time
This week, our Living and Learning statement is ‘I am aware of risks’.
Talk with your child about risks.
You might want to talk about:
- risks at home, at school and in lots of other places – can your child consider risks in different situations?
- weighing up risks – some risks (like putting your hand up to answer a question) is a safe risk as the worst that can happen is you might get the answer wrong; other risks are more dangerous – can you think of some more examples of safe and unsafe risks?
- risks to physical health (such as smoking), risks to mental health (such as stress) – can your child think about other examples?
- what are the risks when going online or using social media?
- …..or anything else that comes up.