Practise recognising and saying all the sounds.
Words to read:
Phonics play – buried treasure – phase 4
- Watch the video and count backwards from 20 to 0.
Today you will need:
- colouring pencils and paper or chalk and some outdoor space
- 0-20 number flash cards
- Parents/carers hold up and say a number. Children can you draw that many spots either on paper or on the ground?
- Look at how you can draw x amount of spots in different ways. E.g. you could draw 6 spots by drawing 2 at a time or by drawing 3 spots and then 3 more.
- Parents/carers ask the children some questions about each number as you go along e.g. what is 1 more/less, what is double… or half…?
Book of the week: Monkey puzzle
- Listen to the story of the week.
This week we are going to be looking at the characters, setting and events in the story. This will then help us retell the story using homemade props.
- What do we mean when we say character? Setting? Events?
To join in with this week’s creative activities, you will need the following items. Hopefully, these are items you will find in your home.
- Paper OR card and colouring pencils
- Sticks from outside OR a collection of spoons (they can be re-used afterwards)
- Sticky tape
Perhaps if you are going outside for your daily exercise today you could collect some sticks.
Character = Who is in the story. The people/animals in the story.
Setting = Where the story is set.
Events = What happens in the story.