This week, the whole school has the same Creative homework: I can illustrate different emotions.
This homework, which links to our living and learning statement, is an opportunity for children to show that they can recognise, and show, different emotions. As humans, we display a huge-range of emotions. Sometimes, it’s obvious how we’re feeling. Sometimes, it’s trickier for us to show, or recognise, an emotion. This statement allows us to spend time thinking about the different emotions we experience and how we can recognise these accurately in ourselves and others.
Children could respond creatively to this in a range of ways:
- create a piece of art that shows a range of emotions
- take pictures of themselves (or others) displaying different emotions
- write a short-story in which a character shows lots of emotions
- Devise a poem, song or rap about emotions
- Create a comic strip to illustrate different emotions
Of course, there are many other ways in which children could respond. Children should be ready to celebrate their learning as part of their homework review by Thursday 02 May 2019.