This week, the whole school has the same Creative homework: I can illustrate happy and healthy choices.
This homework links to our weekly living and learning statement and is something we talk about a lot in our school. Can you encourage your child to make a new healthy choice every day this week? Or think about one new healthy change your child can make? Try to help them make sure the choice is a realistic, achievable one, such as avoiding being on an electronic device after a certain time to help sleep, or adding one extra daily portion of vegetables to their diet each day.
As this is a Creative homework, children could respond in a variety of ways:
- Create a blog, video blog or diary to show the changes we’ve made.
- Create a poster convincing others to make a happy and healthy change.
- Make a cartoon strip in which a character makes a happy and healthy change.
- Write a song, poem or rap that will encourage others to make changes.
- Reflect on change they’ve made and how it made them feel.
There are of course lots of other ways to respond, too.
Children should be ready share, and celebrate, their homework in their class by Thursday 11 July 2019.