Our first Talk Time of this half term relates to honesty, one of the Christian values.
‘Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.’ (1 John 3:18)
I can describe a situation where being honest was hard, but important.
The situation you discuss at home may have involved yourself or someone else. It could concern a real person or a fictional character from a book, film or TV show that you know well.
You could respond to these questions to support your conversations:
- Why was telling the truth important?
- Did the person tell the truth right away?
- How would telling the truth at a different time impact the consequences?
- What were the possible outcomes of being dishonest or withholding the truth?
Our oracy focus for this half term is liveliness and flair. The following R2s will help you to keep others engaged when you’re speaking:
- Talk with enthusiasm in your voice.
- Use your imagination to think of scenarios to support your viewpoint.
- Maintain a good level of eye contact with your audience.