During this week’s Talk Time, you’ll explore an important moral dilemma.
Shops should try to sell clothes as cheaply as possible.
When discussing the statement, there are a number of factors to take into consideration. Your conversations at home may begin by attempting to answer the following questions:
- Who would benefit from clothes being sold as cheaply as possible?
- Bear in mind that not everyone shares the same level of wealth.
- How would this impact on the amount of clothes people own?
- Would people buy more clothes than they actually need?
- How would lower prices impact on the shops themselves?
- If more clothes are needed in shops, how would that impact on the manufacturers?
- in terms of issues such as workload and pay
The following R2s will help your child to reflect on the discussion points:
- What are the reasons for (the pros) selling clothes as cheaply as possible?
- What are the reasons against (the cons) doing so?
- Reach a conclusion – Do you take one particular side or is there a compromise that could satisfy everyone?